Sunday, April 18, 2021

Esme-saurus Rex's Dino Birthday Bash

We got to have a party!  I was so excited when it got closer to April and it looked like we would be able to celebrate with friends and family.  The weather even held out for us to have a great day to be outside.  We had snow on the ground two days prior and it's supposed to get cold again this week, but Saturday was gorgeous.
I borrowed a t-rex costume from a co-worker to welcome everyone.  It gets pretty hot in there, so I didn't keep it on long.  Esme and Parker thought it was a hoot!
We socialized for a while before having sandwiches, chips, carrots, and cookies for lunch.  I wanted to keep the food as safe as possible, so I didn't get to really dive in with theme food.
I saw a dino skeleton birthday banner online and made a copycat for the gift and food table. I backed it with some crepe paper.
Creativity was alive and well with the cake.  I made a chocolate volcano cake that smoked with the help of dry ice and water.  Science rocks!  I did not consider the CO2 would make it harder for the candles to stay lit, but we made it work.  I used candy melts to make the river and pretzel palm trees, then combined some cake cutoffs and frosting to create the ground.  I dyed and warmed some vanilla frosting for the lava drizzle and finished it off with a few Dollar Tree dinosaur figures.
She opened presents after eating cake.
Another set of magnetic tiles, so we can make some huge structures.
The best reaction was when she opened a bag full of dinosaurs.  We don't have many dino toys yet, so she was thrilled!
Grandpa and Grandma Herrmann added to her Cabbage Patch Cuties collection with Rory dinosaur. 
The bubble mower might be my favorite since it means I won't want to blow bubbles constantly.
She receive one final gift from Amazon just as everyone was departing for the day.  It's a Llama Llama Red Pajama toy where the mama llama reads the book to baby llama.  Both Parker and Esme thought this was cool.  The mama's mouth moves as she speaks.
It was exhausting and uplifting to host a party for Esme this year.  I am looking forward to things continuing to improve so we can have more parties in the future.  Happy Birthday Esme!

No comments:

Post a Comment