I tackled a couple projects this weekend. Our pantry is huge, but very poorly organized. all of my spices have been in a plastic bin I have to pull out every time I need a single spice. I decided to fashion some spice racks to install on the doors so I picked up some 1 x 3 pine boards and some small screen molding. I took some basic measurements and assembled them with my air nailer. I will probably put a coat of paint or varnish on them at some point and I still need to finish an additional small one for the top cabinet. I already love having all of them accessible and I have a spot for my foil, plastic wrap, wax and parchment paper. It was a very simple project that just took an afternoon and about $30.
We headed out to the country so my dad could help with the other weekend project. We started with a twister rider before lunch, then started once the kids laid down.
The passengers side rear shock mount broke on our Madza 3. The Driver's side was replaced a while ago and they are notoriously faulty, so it was only a matter of time.
The hardest part was loosening the nut that secures the shock on the bottom. Once my dad got that off it was pretty smooth sailing.
We had the last one replaced at Midas, not really knowing what the job entailed. I talked with a coworker who has a Mazda 3 and she mentioned it was pretty easy to replace on your own. The part was only $30, so we saved a ton in labor. Should be ready to roll for a while now!