Friday, July 30, 2021

1000 Blog Posts!

Almost exactly 10 years ago I made my first blog post and now I am writing post number 1000!  Our parks adventure really helped accelerate my progress with 93 posts so far.  I took a few moments to look back at the evolution of my blog.

My first one was a blind step in to the world of blogging.  I had thought about it in the past and was encouraged to start one after reading posts by fellow users on the What to Expect app I used while pregnant.  I shared my page on there and am still friends with Courtney who commented on my first post.

Back then it was a way to document my pregnancy and the crafts I was doing.  That was the inspiration for "Growing and Sewing Lesa," the name I was using until last fall.  I only made 17 posts in that first 6 months, all related to my pregnancy or craft projects.  It started to transition to a family style blog pretty quickly after Parker's arrival.  The craft posts became further and further in between.  I've never had a huge following, but know there is a small group of friends and family that can follow what we are doing.

One of the best things about sharing just about everything in this manner is that I almost always have quick and easy access to pictures and videos from those times.  I was able to look back while at Bass Lake Park the other day in order to recreate the picture of baby Parker on the slide.  There have been countless other times out and about that I have been able to look things up.  I used to scrapbook, but stopped doing that shortly after we were married.  I have found this to be a new version of scrapbooking without the need for hundreds of dollars in supplies (oh the money I spent.)

This platform has also been a "safer" way to share hard, personal stories.  There is less fear and pressure when it's not on Facebook.  I know only a few people will see it, but it's cathartic and therapeutic to share in a "public" arena.  I can go back to these posts and see where my mind was, the things Parker was doing, and see the immense progress and growth we have all made.  

Whether you have just recently started following our family, or have been there since the beginning, thank you for for listening and watching.  I look forward to where the next 1000 posts will take us.

No comments:

Post a Comment