Thursday, July 28, 2011

How I got here!

I am new to the blogging world and am excited to share my adventures with you all (which is no one yet...)  I guess the best place to start is the beginning of the journey that has brought me to motherhood.

I met my husband, Jimmy, in the fall of 2007 after being set up on a blind date by a close friend.  Who ever thought those things actually worked out?!  16 months and 9 days later we were married.  At 23 and 28 we had plenty of time to think about starting a family and decided to enjoy married life for a while.   
About a year and a half later we decided it might be time to start a family.  One thing that you will learn about me is that I am a bit of a control freak and can be a perfectionist... Those two things don't really go well with trying to start a family.  Of course, there are certain actions that will help you along in the process, but even if you do everything right it doesn't mean you will make that baby.  After 4 months of trying I was getting a bit discouraged (which is silly since it takes the average woman 6 months!) so I stopped "really" trying.  Yes, I stopped trying.  I was really pushing the topic and it wasn't helping things.  My first piece of advice to those looking to start a family is to take it slow and not too seriously for the first few months, it will make the experience much more enjoyable!

Sure enough our month "off" ended in a positive test!  We were so excited and a little nervous all at the same time.  My pregnancy thus far has been very uneventful.  I had no morning sickness and very few other symptoms.  At 7 weeks we got to see our bean for the first time.  I never thought watching a heart beat 144 times per minute on a fuzzy black and white screen would bring me to tears (Jimmy too!)  13 long weeks later (last Thursday) we had our anatomy and gender scan!  Everything measured well and HE looks very healthy.  We are very excited to welcome our little left fielder (Jimmy's words) around December 6th.
That leads us to today (21 weeks down, 19 to go!)  I am a crafty mommy-to-be that is also on a budget!  I hope to share with you my experiences with pregnancy and some of the fun crafty things I am doing along the way.  Nearly all of the decorations and accessories in my nursery are going to be handmade (including the bedding!)  I hope you enjoy this journey with me as my baby (and belly) continue to grow!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I saw your post on What to Expect and decided to check out your blog. I love your format and design! Your baby's ultra sound pic is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also found your blog through the WTE group. Welcome to the blogging world :) I'm due Dec. 10th with a little girl.
    I saw that you're from Minneapolis. My parents live in White Bear Lake, MN, but I'm in Oklahoma City. I would much rather be up there with them because this is the hottest summer in a long long time.
    I hope you 3 have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete