Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Herrmann Auto Repair

We've been knee deep in vehicle and outdoor toy repair the last couple weeks.  The rear Mustang tires finally gave out.  We've had it almost 6 years and it's gotten a lot of use in the last two, so it was only a matter of time before the plastic wore down.  I found a new pair online and they arrived in just 3 days.
I had to have a little fun with it and put it up on blocks.
There was a tricky push nut I hadn't dealt with before, but I was able to get it off in tact.  I also only needed to remove one side since the whole axel pulls out.
The passenger's side wasn't completely broken through, but it was a better deal to get two and combine shipping.  These should last us for at least a couple years until Esme is too big for it.
Here is a throwback video of the first time Parker drove the Mustang.
Parker's 4-wheeler was next on the list for repairs.  He got a ton of use out of it last year, so the battery was shot.  Once again, I found batteries online for half the price of the local store.  The stock connectors utilized a screw fastener and my dad helped me adapt it to a more common pressure fit receptacle.  
We tested the voltage and were ready to roll!
Just a couple days later, the drive stopped working.  A quick look underneath showed the chain gear was no longer connected to the body and all 3 bolts were gone.  I was able to locate the last one to fall out and saw the threads were completely gone.  I removed one from the brake side and verified it was the same.  A quick trip to Ace Hardware for some new ones and he was back up and running.  We are having a sporadic issue (probably electrical) of it not working for a few minutes, then going again. I replaced the fuse and it seems to be going better, but we may need to do some more trouble shooting.  We were having this issue prior to replacing the battery, so it shouldn't be related to that.  It's been fun fixing these little things.  Hopefully we can have a worry free summer of fun now!

No comments:

Post a Comment