Sunday, September 3, 2023

Jacksonville: Part 3

The weather cleared up by our last full day and we were looking forward to a fun time.
Biscuits and gravy for breakfast.
My dad and brotherwent on a 4 hour inland fishing excurision in the morning.  I dropped them off with their Captain, Todd Philcox.
They had great success and caught at least 11 different species.
This redfish was that largest at 39".
They kept a smaller redfish and a black drum that Todd filleted for us to take back to the house.
The rest of us took a trip back to the beach Thursday morning.  The surf was much calmer than Tuesday which made it much easier to play in.
Parker really got comfortable this day.  We brought his goggles and he loved to float face down and let the waves wash over him.
We built sand castles that Jaxxon loved destroying!
We headed back to the house for lunch and I went to pick up the guys from fishing.  After an afternoon rest, Jimmy, myself, parker, Esme, and my dad took another trip to the beach.  My dad really wanted one more dip since he was fishing in the morning.  We took this chance to do some souvenir shopping as well.  Esme got an adorable sea turtle she dubbed Pinky Pie.  There were these cool bike racks outside the store.  Esme climbed in and said, "look mom, the shark ate me!"
The surf was a little rougher in the afternoon, but still enjoyable.
Jayden, Sean, and Kelsey went out for sushi on the last night, then stopped for a special cocktail and creme brulee dessert.
Thursday night the Huskers played the Gophers.  I brought my Nebresota shirt along to support my teams.  When booking this trip my dad said I had to guarantee he would be able to watch this wherever we went.  Luckily I was able to pull through.
I fried up the fish my dad and brother caught for a halftime snack.  Bothe were really tasty!
Friday morning was a bit of a flurry to get out of te house by 10.  The kids took an early dip then we started packing and cleaning to head to the airport.
The time stamp on this picture is 9:56:50 and we managed to get out of the house by the 10:00 checkout time.
Getting to the airport and going through security was pretty smooth and we boarded smoothly and on time.
Jameson was a little crabby to start but fell asleep and was out nearly the entire time.  Jaxxon stayed up, but didn't make too much noise.
Here is last of our videos.  What a great family trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment