Sunday, December 26, 2021

It's Almost Christmas!

The final week of stocking gifts!  I filled the kids after we put them to bed Saturday night, but Esme came out and spotted them.  She was sad that my sock was empty and decided to put some stuff in it since dad hadn't yet.  The video below is her showing me all the cool things I got.  Esme got some silly scents colored pencils and a farm sticker book.
Parker got a pretty sweet new battery spinner in his stocking and I nabbed another one for free on my community Buy Nothing Facebook group.  If you haven't heard of these, you should look it up in your area.
Parker started feeling much better come Sunday.  He dug out some too small Chewbacca jammies to match.  I will have to try to find a larger size for him.
We had to postpone his second covid shot when he got a tummy bug (which ended up hitting at least a few families). Luckily, we were able to snag one for the following Monday. Jimmy took him this time and was able to get it done pretty quickly, but still had to give him a tight bearhug.
No Christmas potluck at work, but they did have a catered lunch on Wednesday of Buca di Beppo and dessert from Jimmy's favorite Crumbl.
I ate most of it before remembering to take a picture.
Our neighbor, Diane, called me on Wednesday as well to let me know she had some treats for the kids.  It ended up being a grocery bag full of candy, cookies, chips, and nuts.  I decided to fill up the kids stocking for a little extra surprise when they got home from school. Esme was so excited!
On Christmas Eve, Esme helped Jimmy make graham cracker cookies. and we decorated mini gingerbread houses.
We headed to my parents for soup supper that night.  We contributed a charcuterie board with a new cutting board I am "borrowing" from my dad.  Grandpa opened a present he got for himself to play with Esme.
"Four to Score" was a hit for Esme!

No comments:

Post a Comment