Sunday, March 14, 2021

Night Away at Le Chateau de Buxtoronio

My parents were out of town visiting my grandma this weekend, so the kids and I took over their house for a day.  We got to play, swim, take twister rides, and bum their internet to download a bunch of pictures.  It also gave Jimmy an evening alone which he hasn't had in a while.  Esme immediately asked for cinnamon rolls in the morning since that is the normal tradition for our hot tub visits.  Thankfully Nana had some stocked.  

Esme has started working on going under water and became really brave with it by the end of the weekend.
We played for a while inside after going in the hot tub and before FaceTiming with my grandma.  It was so great to see her face and talk to her at the same time.  They don't have devices that allow for it, but were able to use my parent's iPad.  She is fully vaccinated now and we are hoping to get down for a visit this summer once I am as well.  Prior to Covid we had planned to be more intentional about visiting at least twice a year.
We did a chilly twister ride before lunch and quiet time, then headed home.  I didn't sleep great the night before and was exhausted.  I ended up napping on the couch for a couple hours and we didn't get in a Saturday park visit like I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment