Saturday, March 6, 2021

Journey to 100 Parks #24 - East Medicine Lake Park - Plymouth, MN

Return of the parks (once again), return of the parks (top of the world), return of the parks. I guess a parody of "Return of the Mack" is the next one I should do.
Key Features
Early spring park visits can be tricky with melting snow and puddles, but we came prepared in our boots.  I also tried to pick a park with good southern sun exposure and we did pretty good.  There was still some snow and lot of puddles, but we had a blast.  Parker immediately found the seat spinner and saucer swing.
My favorite feature was the three level climbing tower.  Parker and I made it all the way to the top, but Esme thought about trying the rope ladder, but vener made it to the top.



There was a huge slide at the top of the tower.  Esme was telling me I couldn't go down the small slide because that was only for kids.  After I went down it, she yelled at me.  A few minutes later she came over and said, "mama, I'm sorry." "I'm sorry for yelling at you."  It was the sweetest!
As its name would suggest, it's right on the shore of Medicine Lake.  We visited the west side in December.  The play area was quite a bit closer to the beach, which would be nice in the summer.  Everyone had wet feet when we were done, but it was great to get back out there!
This one gets a solid 8 swings.  It was a smaller play area, but still had a lot to offer.  I think it would be a better option if we wanted to go swimming at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment