Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Nebraska: Part 2

Esme and I were able to snag some twist cones at Casey's on the way back to Yankton.
We got in two more swim sessions Saturday night and Sunday morning before hitting the road home.
But not before making another donut stop!
The square cronut was to die for!
We made plans to stop for lunch in Windom with everyone else to celebrate my mom's birthday and had a little time to burn while they caught up.  I used Roadside America's map view to find a destination on our way.  Turns out there is a little monument marking where South Dakota, Minnesota, and Iowa all meet.
Esme was really excited to be in 3 states at once, but bumped her knee on the way out of the car and didn't want to participate.  You can see her moping in the background of the first picture.  We are standing in the middle of road in this one.
Here we are clearly in 3 different states.  My friend, Tyler, commented on Facebook that he couldn't believe I left my kid behind in another state.
I ordered ahead at Godfather's pizza and we arrived just in time.
Not too far down the road, my brother ended up having trouble with him truck pulling a camper.  We turned around to make sure they were covered.  It didn't seem like a quick fix and was limiting the speed he could go.  So, we did some rearranging, loaded up Kelsey and the boys in our van and drove the final leg.  We had taken out on the seats, so it was snug (and not super comfortable for me).  They all fell asleep pretty quickly and stayed that way until just before we got them home.  It was a long day, but I was glad we were there to help them get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment