Sunday, July 9, 2023

New Entry Doors - Part 1

New entry doors have been on the back burner for years.  Once the house was painted, they became a big sore spot and I tried to expedite their replacement.  After getting a couple of ridiculous quotes from home improvement companies, I focused my search on an installer that could put in doors we purchased.  I found Jay Freitag, who had great reviews.  He had an opening in his schedule and squeezed us in right before we left for Baltimore.

Here is a final look at our old doors.  He removed then and staged them for us to dispose of.
He did the front door on day 1 and offered great communication through the whole process.  There ended up being quality issues with both doors.  We got both door slabs replaced eventually, but it was a bit of a pain.
Parker was very intrigued by the activity (and still loves talking about the new doors.)
I am low-key in love with it too.
Day 2 was the back door.  Like I said, there was a few issues, but the house was sealed up, which was most important.
Finishing touches began when we got back from vacation and had new slabs.  I installed some new floating house numbers, a new white mailbox, and painted the existing light fixture.  I capped it off with a dreamy paint color, Life of Reilly.
I installed storm doors on both as well.  I realize I didn't take a picture of the back door finished, but Parker took this of Esme being her sassy self.  I still plan to paint this door and the garage door the same color, but this project is done (at least the outside.)
Here is a look at the inside of our old doors, Hollow core isn't exactly the best for our climate, but it made it easy to hack up and throw in the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment