Saturday, February 3, 2018

Super Bowl Live and Ziplining

My dad and I headed downtown on Thursday night to partake in the Bold North zip-line across the Mississippi River.  We went a little early so we could walk around Super Bowl Live.  It was close to zero, but we were fully bundled and stayed warm.  They had several interactive displays, snow and ice sculptures, and indoor areas.
 We were able to check in for the zip-line at 7:30, rode a Polaris Ranger from Nicollet Mall to Nicollet Island.  Most of the waiting was indoors or in a tent, which helped with the cold.  Once in line on site we signed a waiver, got a helmet and harness, then waited to climb 170 steps of scaffold to the launch point.
 About 50-60 people at a time were on the scaffold and it was about 20 minutes of waiting once we were close to the top.  It was partially protected from the wind, but still very cold.
I took a video of my whole ride down, but it didn't save properly.  I was able to film my dad's take off and my dad captured my whole ride from the other side.
 Despite the cold we were both very happy we did it!  Definitely a once in a lifetime experience.  
 On a Super Bowl side note, I made the glasses below for my friend Shannon.  She is on the halftime show stage crew and wanted to make a gift for all of her cart-mates.  It would have been a fun experience if I had been able to make all of the rehearsals.

No comments:

Post a Comment