Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Big Boy Bed!

We have been discussing transitioning Parker from his toddler bed for a while. Now that baby number 2 is on the way we will be needing it back to a crib at some point. We got a flyer for a great deal on a mattress over the weekend so I pulled the trigger. I was brainstorming ideas for a platform when I found an IKEA foundation with legs for $25 on Craigslist! What a steal. A friend was able to pick it up for me and my mom brought it to our house Monday night. I also got a great deal on bedding at Target with the help of a couple online promotions! I couldn't contain my excitement and had to start tearing things up! The first picture is his room before.
Here is his room after! There is still some additional decorating to do, but at least we have the furniture moved. I will probably move some of the pictures and maybe make some new valences. The crib is totally gone for now, but will likely be back in once the new baby has a decent sleep routine. Parker was a bit frazzled to see his room torn up, but loved it once it was put back together.
He kept climbing in and out, covering and uncovering.
I am excited to actually be able to lay down and snuggle if I want to.
Even Jimmy got in on the action! He secretly wants truck bedding now too!
The first two nights have gone well and he is adjusting easily to the new layout. Just another step in growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment