Sunday, October 18, 2015

Nebresota and Minnaska

Many of you know my family hails from the land of corn, Nebraska.  We bleed red, but we have also been in Minnesota a long time.  I was born and raised here, so I have a certain amount of loyalty to both states.  My parents have been here over 30 years and feel the same.  The Nebraska Cornhuskers joined the Big Ten conference several years ago, so they play the Minnesota Golden Gophers every year.  They played in MN this year and my parents were going to the game.  We have talked about making some hybrid shirts and finally did it this year.  I found shirts online with similar type and styling.  We determined the best combinations would be "Minnaska" and "Nebresota."  I carefully cut each shirt in half, then sewed the opposite sides together.  There wasn't a lot of seam allowance, but I made it work.
 My parents were the hit of the whole day!  They even traded a picture for some beverages!  I hope they will get a lot more use in the years to come.
For some reason, I thought it would be fun to do a Twitter search and I found a guy that tweeted a picture of my mom!  You know it's awesome when strangers are tweeting about it! 

The Huskers won the game, which they desperately needed!  The gophers won the last two years, so it was time to share the wealth!  Hopefully this will inspire you to embrace your loyalties too, even if they clash a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment