Friday, October 9, 2015

Bayfield Apple Fest 2015

Our trip to the Bayfield Apple Fest this year looked a bit different.  We knew quite a while ago that Jimmy likely wouldn't get the vacation he needed for our standard trip.  Changes over the summer all but sealed his fate.  I didn't want to sacrifice the tradition for Parker since he has been every year.  We decided to take a day trip, which is a pretty long drive alone.  I mentioned it to my mom and she suggested that her and my dad tag along.  I was excited to spend the day with them and not have to drive the 400+ miles with just Parker.

We woke up just before 5am and were on the road at 5:01!  We stopped for breakfast in Turtle Lake at The New Frontier.  They had a huge pancake platter that Parker and I shared.
We were on the road again just as the sun was coming up.  We saw a gorgeous lake a bit later and I had to stop for some pictures.
We finally arrived a little after 10am.  It was a bit chilly, but the sun was out, which helped.
As always, we made direct course for the apple brats and apple mustard!  I grabbed another on the way out and bought a pack of frozen ones for home.  
We take a picture with the pier sign every year to and had to keep the tradition alive without Jimmy.  
The fall colors were almost non-existent, which was a bit of a bummer.  I love taking these pictures because they are great to compare from year to year.
We checked out all the vendors and ate tons of delicious foods.  Parker's favorite is the mini donuts!
He loved listening to the band play too and was practically dancing out of the stroller.
We were back in the car about 10 minutes before he conked out.  Not bad for being up since 5!
It was too early on the way there for our stop in Hayward, so we did it on the way home.  We got cookies at the bakery and candy at Tremblay's.  Jimmy's only request was some fresh peanut brittle, but we also got him pecan turtles and peanut butter balls.
Our final stop before home was dinner at the Wagon Wheel Cafe in Chisago City.  Parker took full advantage of happy hour! ;-)
Their pizza was super fresh and delicious.  I enjoyed a fried cod meal and my dad raved about the fried chicken!
We all stretched out legs one last time before hopping in the car one last time.
We finally got home about 7:30.  Over 14 hours and we were all ready to hit the hay.  I had so much fun driving with my parents, they made the trip so much fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment