Saturday, February 1, 2014

Growing Smaller: Slow Going


Anyone who manages to lose weight over the holidays should be praised! I am NOT one of those people.  I started December doing really well, but then came Christmas celebration after Christmas celebration, New Years, more Christmas, laziness, etc. that managed to undo all of the good.  I finally managed to get back in gear about 2 weeks ago.  I can say I lost 4 pounds in those 2 weeks. That puts me at 204, still shy of the elusive One-derland, but progress nonetheless. Plus, I finally have some big plans in the works.

I have finally chosen a new race to train for.  With how cold this winter has been, I am glad I didn't try to train for an early spring one.  We are going to do the Color Run in July. Yes, WE! Jimmy had agreed to do it with me. I am really excited to have a training buddy! Official training program will start in April.  As for the next 2 months, I am not giving myself a specific goal. I just want to focus on getting as healthy as possible and losing weight.  I know I will make it to One-derland in the next 2 months and you will all hear about it when I do.  Thanks again for all your support!

On a separate random and funny note, I went to the mall yesterday to get a new laptop battery.  Because of Thursday's storm the parking lot was compacted with snow so parking was a bit of a bear since you couldn't see the lines. I found a good lines of cars are parked.  When I came out I found this.
That is my car in the middle, parked in.  After a little bit of panicking, I walked back in to find mall security.  Their office was on the other side so I opted to call them instead.  I am not sure what they could have done, but luckily, the owner of the SUV that parked me in walked out just after I got off the phone.  She was a sweet little old lady that saw me by my car and said, "oh, is that a problem?" Well, it was, but at least it wasn't for long. 

2 comments:

  1. That is all such awesome progress! Keep up the great work!! And I'm glad Jimmy is doing the race with you. It's always a lot more fun knowing you'll have someone with you :) Plus, I hear any color run like that is a blast!
    And oh my goodness about the parking lot thing! I'm glad she moved relatively quickly. But really? How could she not tell it was blocking a car in? I guess ignorance is bliss ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am pretty excited for the race and have some fun/a little crazy things in mind for it. I will share those once we get closer!

      Delete