Saturday, February 15, 2014

6 Months of Progress

Exactly 6 months ago I was sitting in the same spot I am right now.  Crying. Sobbing.  I was so heartbroken and it felt as if my life had just been torn into a million pieces.  It was the day we got Parker's autism diagnosis.  I had been preparing myself for months to hear those words, but none of it made that moment any easier.  We have been on a crazy ride since that day.  There was several weeks of numbness and chaos, a few days of feeling hopeless and finally some clarity and direction.

I have been floored by the support and resources we have been given.  I finally feel like we are in a great groove.  We have a schedule and it runs pretty smoothly.  It doesn't feel nearly as busy as it looks on iCal!  We have an amazing team that works with Parker and I am so excited about the progress he has made.  We still have so far to go, but he is only 2. TWO!  As much stress and craziness as this process has been I am so happy that early intervention is becoming so common.  I can't wait to see the next places this journey takes us and I could not be more proud Parker.  He is my rockstar.

No comments:

Post a Comment