Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Esme's First Vikings Game

At my work picnic in August I won a set of 4 tickets to a Vikings game.  Esme was so excited to go.  I was worried it would be foiled when she was invited to a birthday party the same day, but she didn't put up a fuss.
We got a parking pass for a ramp nearby and made out way through the skyway.  We found our section in the Polaris Club and Esme immediately spotted the ice cream stand and started with a pre-game, pre-lunch treat!  Mint chip with M&Ms and whipped cream.

We had a phenomenal view!  My dad completed our foursome and Parker got to hang out with Nana.
Esme got a hot dog for her main course.  It was tough for her to bite so I cut the dog in to pieces and then she ate the bun separate.
The Vikes got out to a killer start ending the first half up 14-0.  Esme has watched some football at home, but this was the first time she was asking about specific aspects of it.  She thought every cheer was a touchdown but quickly learned about first downs, sacks, and turnovers.  Course 3 was a sack of mini donuts shared with me.
THe final snack was some Skittles that I promised she could have after halftime.
She can be sensitive to noise (despite being as loud me most of the time) so we brought some ear protection.  Shew wore them most of the game, but did take them off from time to time and didn't complain about the noise.
SKOL chanting like a pro!
We threw the Texans a bone in the second half and finished them off 34-7.
I didn't forget about our weekly hot dogs!  Spicy jalapeño chili dog for dinner when we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment