Monday, August 26, 2024

Summer is Winding Down

The last couple weeks of summer are bittersweet and a little chaotic sometimes.  I will miss the sunny days of swimming, but look forward to the comfort and routines brought by school back in session.  Our child care situation is usually up in the air as well.  This year Parker did not have any care the last 2 weeks and Esme didn't have it for the last 7 days.  Parker spent last Monday with my parents, Tuesday home with Jimmy, and Wednesday home with me.  
We were able to take some break time scooter rides which helped keep him occupied a little.
They spent Thursday and Friday with my parents which they loved.
I started replacing gutter covers this weekend since the helmet style didn't seem to be working anymore.  I found there were several wasp nests inside the gutters as I was removing them.  It took a couple days to finish with the wasps around.
Esme joined me as I worked the tractor pull for the Corcoran Lions.
Sunday afternoon my work had a family picnic at French Regional Park.  Parker really enjoyed the bounce house and I won tickets to the Vikings game this season.  Esme has been asking to go for a while and is so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment