Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Walker Wedding Weekend

The long awaited wedding weekend for our friends and Pastor, Jamarcus and Pauli, finally arrived.  We were included in the traditional African celebration on Friday night.  It was such a fun time experiencing a new culture.  Pauli's family is Liberian and we got to be a part of the celebration and try some new foods.
The next day was the black tie wedding extravaganza.  I impressed myself by doing my hair with a cute clip. My little tiny front curls even stayed that way most of the day!
After the ceremony we enjoyed some passed appetizers before the reception started.  This event was a good excuse to get Jimmy a suit that fits well.  My dress was found at a thrift store for $30 and just need some light tailoring.
It was so fun to get all dressed up with so many friends from church.
This was probably the biggest wedding we'll ever go to and it took up the largest room at the Heritage Center of Brooklyn Center.
I took this picture from the share site, but here is the happy couple!
Our table filled with church friends.
We had chicken mashed potatoes and green beans along with a trio of desserts.
Grabbed a snap with Jam.
Then the dance started with all the married couples.
Gordy and Judy "won" with being married 64 years!
Then the party really started with tons of fun group dances, conga lines, and more.  I even ended up in the front of one of the dances right next to Jamarcus.
My friend, Kristi, was halping things run smoothly so we didn't get to hang out as uch as I hoped, but she did an incredible job.
Thanks for an incredible weekend. Congrats Jamarcus and Pauli Walker!

No comments:

Post a Comment