Monday, November 20, 2023

Parker's Grr-ific Birthday Party!

12. 12. I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I will have a teenager in a year.  We gathered to celebrate Parker's 12th birthday on Saturday.  I decided last year to do it before Thanksgiving since the holidays are already so busy.  Of course it ended up a busy weekend anyway which you'll see in the next post.
I've been giving myself more grace and allowance to tone things down and not feel guilty and I think it's better for me.  I nearly skipped making a sign, but just had to.
I also did not skimp on the cake decorating, but didn't go all in with themed food.  We did a simple sandwich bar, which everyone likes.  I also got a small decoration kit online with some cupcake toppers, balloons, and a banner.
I used a boxed cake to make tiger stripes, but did make and dye frosting from scratch.  This tan color was one of the trickiest I've had to do.
Next up was gifts.  He was so eager to open them all.  There was a Daniel Tiger stuffy (his new favorite), Daniel Tiger toilet toy, and a Daniel Tiger game.
One of the biggest hits was Jimmy's idea to get him his own special cup!  He loves drinking from and playing with Jimmy's Yeti, so we thought he'd like it own.  We got a bright red color and I added his name in vinyl.  He immediately wanted to fill it with pop and then wanted free refills all weekend!
Another big hit was this cheap little water fountain, he ran it all night.
We had such fun day celebrating and can wait until he's really 12 next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment