Monday, November 13, 2023

"Stained Glass" and Grandpa's Birthday

I finally finished a project that's been in process for almost a year.  I approached my dad with an idea to make him a faux stained glass light for over his pool table.  He liked it and the brainstorming began.  Initially, he planned to build a frame from wood, then found a great deal on a used light that I could make new panels for.  I cut the plexiglass panels and used a squeeze paint to make the leading lines back in the fall.  Then I had a few different rounds of trying to figure out the best way to add the colors and it got put on the back burner. 
I finally got around to finishing the color recently.  I considered doing a second layer, but decided to install them and see what my dad thought.
I noticed a dark spot on one of the panels and it turned out to be a spider that must have landing on it while it was still wet.  Now that's some character!
We installed the panels last week and they turned out great!  I still have some leading paint left and might try my own project.
Back in March 2021 my dad made me a pencil holder for my desk.  I originally planned to bring it in to the office when we returned to in person work, but we've stayed mainly remote so it's more useful at home.  I started going in once a week to get some human interaction and keep up with what's happening on site.  He had made this bowl that ended up a little wonky after drying out.  I thought it would make the perfect catch-all for my desk on site.
I introduced Esme to the beauty of hot dogs and mac and cheese and she helped to make a birthday cake for Grandpa Buxton.
They came over yesterday for cake and a present from Esme (she wrapped up a few things from her room).
Happy Birthday Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment