Thursday, October 14, 2021

Window Replacement at Le Chateau de Buxtoronio

My dad asked me many months ago about helping him replace his basement windows.  I sold windows at one time over a decade ago, so that apparently made me qualified to help.  We planned to do it sometime in late September or early October, hoping to get some good weather.  

We got to work after a dip in the hot tub and a quick breakfast last Saturday morning.  We has barely removed the old sash and hardware before hitting out first speed bump.  The old frames were milled in a single piece, so we ended up having to chisel away to get the windows to fit.  It was a lot more work than originally expected, but we got both of them installed in one day.
My mom had all sorts of fun for the kids while we worked. They took lots of twister rides, visited the cows and even hung out in a tent. 
My dad finished the inside and outside trim in the days following and They look really great!

No comments:

Post a Comment