Monday, August 23, 2021

Birthday Week 2021

It's our birthday week!  We did some fun things, but also stayed pretty low-key.  Honey and Mackie's is an ice cream shop I have been drooling over for months! I literally tried to go there 3 times this winter but kept striking out with off holiday and covid related hours and closures.  I got a 6 flavor flight with: mini donut, waffles and syrup, raspberry chocolate chip, blueberry cheesecake, nutty fudge, and coffee chocolate chip.  It was worth the wait and lived up to all the hype.  

Esme has been extra sweet (and a little extra sour) lately.  The best think she's been doing is giving me "surprises." Almost all of these are leaves.  She says, "it means I love you." C'mon man, does it get any better than that?!?
The kids spent most of the week with my mom.  We are going on vacation soon and didn't want to risk a close contact exposure given how many quarantines we've had this year.  We got to take a few adventures on the twister in the evenings and they got some good driving lessons too.
In our other downtime this week, we've been painting and doing our nails.
Esme also had a dentist appointment.  Parker was supposed to go too, but finally got the call to schedule a sedated visit in September.  She was really brave again and did a great job!
They also brought back the bouncy ball vending machine whcih she was so excited about!
I started our actual birthday with my free Starbucks and finished it with some Nadia Cakes cupcakes. I just noticed Jimmy is wearing the shirt I gave him for his birthday last year.  Level 41 complete for him and 36 for me.
Next up: VACATION TIME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment