Monday, December 9, 2019

Cookie Extravaganza 2019

Our annual cookie extravaganza was on Saturday.  We had a potential hiccup on Friday night when Esme suddenly developed a weird rash on her face.  I decided to take her in to urgent care just because of the location.  As rashes are want to do, it was almost completely gone by the time we were seen.  She still had some swelling and I am glad we went in.  She even got a popsicle as we left.  It hasn't come back yet, so here's to hoping it was a one time thing.
I decided to try doing it at our house this year.  Our kitchen is much larger than our old house, so I thought we could make it work.
Parker was very interested in the mixer this year, so I let him help me out a bit.
This year's menu included:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Laurie's Frosted Sugar Cookies
Peanut Butter Balls
Peanut Butter Chocolate Ritz
Gluten Free Fudge Cookies
Gluten Free Raspberry Thumbprints
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Citrus Egg Yolk Cookies
Gingerdoodles
Oatmeal Carmelitas
Sugar Cookie Cutouts
Marshmallow Fudge
It was dark when we started and dark when we finished.  My best guess it about 900 cookies plus fudge.  I've frozen most of them for later in the month and can't wait to share our goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment