Friday, December 28, 2018

The Last of Christmas

The kids got their last Advent stocking gifts on Sunday.  Both received M & Ms and new pull back cars.  They have both been playing with them quite a bit, so I fashioned a little parking garage in our entertainment stand a few weeks ago.  Esme got a pink Lamborghini and Parker got a Beetle with a sweet solar system paint job.
Jimmy worked on Christmas Eve, but we were able to attend our church's 5:00 service followed by dinner at my parents.  Both kids have been getting to snack like crazy with all the gatherings we've been to.  Esme knows just where to get her snack fix at Grandpa and Nana's.
Jimmy got his present snooping in as well. Just wait til tomorrow!
I had a fun surprise for Jimmy when we got home that night.  My dad and brother delivered his gift when we were at church.  Please excuse my curt command at the beginning.  He was attending to Esme and I was getting impatient for him to see it.  He says he knew he was getting it, but I know it was unexpected.  We put the kids to bed and had it up and running in an hour.
The kids each had two presents to open on Christmas morning.  One from us and another from people close to us.  They did pretty good on their own and only needed minimal help.
Shortly after opening gifts at home we headed to my parents.  My mom set the table with adorable snowmen.  They didn't last to lunch, but they were cute.
Once my nephew got back from his mom's, we opened our Santa bags and presents. 
Esme did really well opening her presents and Parker was mostly cooperative.  The biggest hits were gifts sent from Great-Grandma Bette in Nebraska.  A hula hoop for Parker and PAW Patrol Mission Cruiser. More clothes, books, and legos as well.
Jayden got a much needed computer upgrade which is great for school and gaming.
My parents have said for years they don't need gifts, but I've been itching to upgrade my mom's cookware for a while.  I realized within the last couple years that ours has lasted so long because it was higher quality and more expensive.  My brother went in with us and she should be set for a while now.  I got my dad a bit of a gag gift, fried chicken lounge pants.  He says he's going to wear them, but we'll see...
I think Jimmy's favorite present was an NES Classic.  It has 30 original NES games on one small console.  It is easy to save progress, which couldn't always be done when it first came out.
It was a low-key, relaxed Christmas with family, just the way I like it.  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment