Monday, December 3, 2018

Parker's M & M Birthday Party

Parker had an M & M birthday party on Saturday.  I kept it pretty basic this year and reused a lot of items from Trunk or Treat.
I used a round casserole dish to bake cakes shaped like M & M's.  I attempted to make a candy shell, but it kept breaking.
For favors, I found small bags at Dollar Tree and added "m"s.  Each bag had a bean bag, necklace, and a variety of M & Ms.
To stick with the theme, we had a baked potato bar in the 6 colors of regular M & Ms.  I also made a pot of chili.
The toppings were fun to brainstorm about and gather.
It was a big hit with everyone since there was a lot of variety.
The kids watched a movie and played in the basement while the grown-ups socialized.
The Birthday song and cake were very exciting and unexpected this year.  He came home from school the day before saying "Happy Birthday" over and over.  I think it was the first time he really knew it was something special.  He blew his candles out for the VERY FIRST TIME!
I tried to keep him focused opening presents, but that's still a struggle.
We are so blessed with family and friends that came out to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment