Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Christmas: Round 1

We had two Christmas parties Saturday night after cookie extravaganza.  The first was our neighborhood party.  I was very excited to meet more of our new neighbors.  Almost everyone we hadn't met before said "You must be the new people in the red house."  We learned that we were the first new residents in 10 years.  It was a packed house.  I wish we could have stayed longer, but had another place to get to.
 I went solo to our annual Ugly Sweater and White Elephant Gift Party with friends from our old newly marrieds group.  It is getting harder for everyone to arrange sitters and make it out, so this may be the last year.
 There were some silly gifts this year, like a horse head and footie pajamas.
 It was a super fun night (as always.)
 I went with a full body theme this year, "Grandma got run over by a reindeer."  I painted hoof prints and glued cut-offs from our Christmas tree.  Topped off with a wig, broken glasses, a black eye and bloody gash.  Rachel and I even coordinated unintentionally since she was a reindeer.
 
I will get to wear it one more time for my work potluck next week.  Happy kickoff to the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment