Thursday, April 13, 2017

Esme's Circus Birthday Bash!

We invited everyone over for lunch immediately following the dedication and planned her party at 2:00, to which more people were invited.  I borrowed an elephant costume from my friend Cindy and it was perfect for her invitation.
We had a nacho bar, fruit, chocolate cupcakes and funfetti cake.
I saw this on Pinterest and knew it would be perfect!
There was a threat of rain leading up to Sunday, but it held out until after the party.  It's always nice to have the outdoor factor in play for a big party.
It took me months to decide on a cake design.  There were so many (complicated) possibilities and I just wasn't up for anything too crazy, so a circus tent it was.
Esme was our Ringmaster and needed something that fit the role.  I made her a dumbo first birthday onesie with heat transfer vinyl, a tutu with tulle and ribbon, and a top hat head band.  She was ravishing!
Over 20 people joined us to celebrate her birthday.
She got so many great gifts.  Several outfits and dresses for summer and lots of new toys.
I didn't want her to destroy the dumbo shirt, so I made a separate one for the cake smash.
She dug in right away, but it was pretty slow going.  As mentioned, she isn't much of a self-feeder.  I helped her break it open at one point, but she got her share of sugar.  Here is a shortened video or you can scroll down to the pictures.

We are so grateful for everyone that joined us and made Esme's day the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment