Tuesday, February 9, 2016

28 Weeks

28 weeks today!  12 weeks or less until baby girl makes her appearance.  I had an ultrasound this morning and she is growing well, estimated at 2.6 lbs with a heart rate of 167.  We got a better profile picture this time.  I love her puckered lips!  She is still head down and was kicking herself in the head when the scan first started.  It was a pretty quick scan and appointment.  I had to get my TDAP (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis) booster and Rhogam shots, which weren't too bad, but the TDAP arm is starting to ache a bit tonight.  Rhogam is given to moms with a negative blood type.  If baby has a positive blood type (Parker does) it it possible that my body would produce antibodies to attack her in the event our blood mixes.  This can create a whole host of issues, so it is good that this shot was invented!  They will test baby girl's blood when she is born and I will have another shot if she has positive blood.
 Even though I only take belly pictures every 4 weeks, I struggle to see the growth.  I did notice it getting in the way last week.  I kept running into doors and gates that I have been using forever!  It's all part of the journey I guess.  I will probably do another update in two weeks after our echocardiogram.
Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment