Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Valentine's Day

We had a great Valentine's Day this year.  We went to church in the morning and got a delicious red velvet whoopie pie from my friend Cindy!  Then we headed to the hospital to have lunch with Jimmy's dad.  He ordered food from Moose Bar and Grill.  The teriyaki wings were delicious and the onion rings were yummy too!  We also got a french dip, but they forgot the au jus, so it was a little dry.  Jimmy's mom joined us too, which made for a fun visit!
 We kept up our fondue tradition for dinner, with an added treat of tater tots!  I mentioned to Jimmy's mom that I do oven roasted potatoes and she suggested tots!
 We didn't exchange any gifts this year and just kept it low-key.  I did break out our heart champagne glasses and toasted with a little ginger ale!
 We hope you had a day full of love like we we did!  And for the record, the tots were amazing!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad y'all had a great day! And tots sounds like a good idea :)
    The missing au jus made me think of something that happened to my dad. He ordered a burger from Dairy Queen at the end of a long day. He went through the drive thru, got home, took a bite, and realized there was no meat! They forgot the meat patty! Haha Now, any time we get an incorrect order, we'll say "At least they remembered the meat!"

    ReplyDelete