Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day Weekend

We had a pretty fun weekend over here!  In the spirit of the holiday, we tried to do some of Jimmy's favorite things this weekend.  We started with golf on Friday for date night!  It has been close to 2 years since we golfed, but did surprisingly well and Jimmy even got his first par.  We got dinner at Mort's Deli, one of Jimmy's favorite places!


Saturday was a dreary, rainy day so we headed to the Mall of America to let off some steam.  Parker enjoyed some pizza and people watching.
Next was a stop at JM Cremp's, a newer boy's adventure store!  Parker was immediately drawn to the peddle toys.  I told him Grandpa would have to buy him one of those!
 
 There were trucks and wheels EVERYWHERE!  Parker was especially intrigued by the one below.  He had his first "being dragged from a toy store" tantrum when we left here!
 MOA also has a LEGO play area with both standard bricks and the larger DUPLO blocks.  This was another fun place to let him out of the stroller.  I am pretty sure he could have played for hours!
 We woke up slowly on Sunday and gave Jimmy his gifts.  Thanks to Pinterest, I made the card below that was from Parker.
I have also had plans to make the shirt below for a while and figured Father's Day was as good as any day!
We headed to my parents after church to nap watch golf and have dinner.  Once Parker woke up from his nap we made sure to take the "Parker Tree" picture.  This was the 3rd year and both Parker and the tree are growing strong!
We also went for a ride on the twister, which Parker loves, especially when we go faster! (Don't worry, it's not really that fast and is very safe.)
It was a fun afternoon spent with some of my favorite dads!
I also have to give a shout out to my amazing father-in-law, who we celebrated last weekend.  He is such a wonderful Grandpa to Parker and we ca count on him for anything!  I hope you had a great day!
Thank you so much to all the awesome dads out there, especially my husband, Jimmy.  I don't always give him the credit he deserves, but he is incredible.  Both Parker and I are blessed to have him in our lives.  Thank you for being just what Parker and I need!
It has been so much fun watching you grow and play together and I am so excited for the future ahead!



No comments:

Post a Comment