Thursday, June 19, 2014

Big Boy Bed!

We took a big step this week and converted Parker's crib to a toddler bed!  He is 2 1/2 now and he can't stay in a crib forever (even though Jimmy would probably approve!)  Tuesday night was his first night.

 Surprisingly, it went great!  He stayed in his bed and didn't get out in the morning until I came in.
 The bliss was short-lived...nap time on Wednesday did not go well.  I am fairly confident he is not ready to drop his nap so I was a bit bummed when he spent over an hour just goofing around.  Every time I came in he went running back to the bed, so he knew where he was supposed to be.  I took him out after a while, but he had a meltdown about 3:45 and I knew he was just too tired!
 Today's nap had a similar start, but we had speech therapy so he couldn't go down late.  Jimmy went all MacGyver on me and created a barricade.  Once he was no longer to escape he decided to actually sleep.
We'll have to see what method I choose to use tomorrow... I know that we are not reverting to the crib, not yet anyway.  Watching your children grow is so bittersweet.  We make a big deal about "firsts," but don't always know when the "lasts" will be.  The best we can do it try to make the most of each moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment