Thursday, August 1, 2013

Growing Smaller: 2 More Months Down!

It is hard to lose weight.  

Even with a great motivator, I am finding it hard to resist indulging!  I also have a bigger appetite now that I am running more as well.  I should be pleased with my progress, but I always feel like I should be doing better.  I lost an additional 8 pounds for a total loss to date of 38 pounds.  I also look for milestones reach OFF the scale.  I was cleaning out closets this week and came to my wedding dress.  I thought it would be fun to see if it fit, and it DID!  Even without shapewear underneath!
I also finally dug out all my pre-pregnancy clothes and some of them fit too!  It is crazy how pregnancy can change your body.  I am 20 pounds lighter than when I got pregnant, but stuff does not fit the same.

As far as running goes, I feel I am doing pretty well.  I have 79 days until my 10K and I am running/walking a 5K on a regular basis.  Here is my recent time progress (running more each time.)

May 15th (first 5K in almost 3 years) - 44:04
July 25th - 38:13
July 28th - 37:09
July 31st - 35:25

I am hoping to be able to fully run a 5K by my birthday (2.5 weeks!)  That will give me 2 months to add some endurance and run 6.2 miles...oh boy, that sounds scary in writing!

Goal for the next 2 months:

Lose 12 lbs. - Reach my first 50 lb. goal!  Kind of a lofty goal considering my recent progress, but I am going for it!

2 comments:

  1. I think you're making amazing progress! You can do it, and I hope you're proud of your running like I am :)
    Keeping going sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am really proud, but I still have a long way to make my goal!

      Delete