Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Burlap Earring Holder

I'm back to crafting!

I have seen a lot of ideas for earring holders on Pinterest, but most involved chicken wire.  I am not a fan of using metal because I have had some bad interactions with jewelry in the past.  I don't know where it came from, but all of a sudden I thought that burlap could be a great alternative.  Perhaps not as durable, but very easy to replace if needed.  My good friend Gib happened to have some lying around so this craft was done for less than $5!

I purchased a 2 pack of 5x7 frames from Michael's on sale for $2.99.  I opted to leave them unfinished, but they could be stained or painted to match any decor.
I used hot glue to attached the burlap to the frame.
 Trimmed the excess
 I then glued the other frame on top.  I did also run another bead of hot glue along the inside of the frame to secure the burlap better.  The open weave was a bit harder to glue down in such a skinny area.  I added a little ribbon I had on hand and hung it from a removable hook.  Now it is all ready to display my earrings!  I am also thinking about fashioning some hooks to the bottom for necklaces and bracelets.  I also need to find a solution for all my studs!  Hope you enjoyed this little tutorial!
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment