Sunday, April 16, 2023

Esme's 7th Birthday - Friends Party

It was Esme's 7th birthday on Friday and she also had a friends birthday party that evening.  She chose a library/book theme and I decided to lean in with "The Pigeon" books.  They have been some of her favorites as of late and it was something less abstract than library.
It was looking to be a nice evening with a possible threat of rain, but we decorated outside and crossed our fingers.
I got some $1 books at Once Upon A Child and tied them up with a party blower and bag of cookies for party favors.
They had a blast playing outside and eating pizza.
I was hoping to wait a bit for cupcakes, but they wanted them right away.  She has such sweet friends.
I made some pigeon cupcakes with edible eyes and beaks.
The rain brought us in for presents which I tried to keep in line, but it was a bunch of 6-9 year olds, so you know how that went.
She wasted no time breaking out her new color case once the party was over.  
Whew, I will need a week long break before the next one.  Happy Birthday Esme, we love you so much!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment