Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Spring Blitz Youth Retreat 2022

I tagged along as chaperone on this spring's youth retreat in Duluth with 17 students and 5 other adults.  We loaded up late Friday afternoon for the drive up.
After a dinner stop in Hinckley, we made it to the Duluth convention center just in time for the session to start.  The worship leader was Phil Joel, formerly of Newsboys.  Most of the students had no idea who he was, but were just as excited as the adult leaders by the time the weekend was over.
I ran in to my brother's ex-girlfriend's daughter as well.  It was so fun to see her.
We stayed in a hotel nearby that was within walking distance to the convention center.  We had a great view from our room.
We had some free time between programming in the afternoon for exploring and shopping.
By Saturday night, I was wiped.  My pajamas had never been more true.
We had such a fun weekend with a great group of kiddos!
We headed home after Sunday's morning session, stopping in Hinckley again for a late lunch.  I grabbed some pastries for the family, including a boston creme for myself!
I am looking forward to attending again next year if it works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment