Monday, January 31, 2022

Church Board Night Out

I am embarking on a new adventure this year.  I was nominated for our church governing board last fall and received congregational approval in December.  My 3 year term officially started January 1st and I am excited to be a part of the leadership at our church.  Now that both kids are vaccinated, we are looking forward to being back in persons for services once the Omicron wave subsides.  We are also waiting for a new buddy for Parker which is trickier while our kid's staff is still rebuilding the program.  

My first bigger event in this realm was this past weekend.  We had a retreat that included a social on Friday.  We went to Punch Bowl Social in St. Louis Park.  We had a great little spread and got to play bags, go bowling, and belt out some karaoke tunes.
I know or at least know of all of the people on our church board, but it was fun to let loose in a casual environment and just be ourselves.  I am looking forward to having a more intentional impact on the future of our church.

No comments:

Post a Comment