Monday, August 3, 2020

Car Wash Sights, Movie Nights, and Porch Lights

The carwash is quickly becoming a favorite for the kids.  We don't typically pay for car washes a lot, but it's been a cheap thrill in the time of coronavirus.
Esme has been asking for the Scoob movie for a while after seeing it advertised on the Apple TV.  We were able to watch a little preview, but I didn't want to pay for the whole thing.  It recently came out on Redbox, so we rented it for movie night.  Esme got a special snack platter (which she keeps asking for any time we put a movie on.). She stayed engaged for about half of it.  We watched it again the next day before having to return it.  We will probably end up buying it because she really wants to see it again.
I mentioned how higher Parker can get on his saucer swing a couple posts ago.  Here is a clip of just how high he gets.  Olaf has been one of his favorites to bring out lately.  I have been trying to get him to keep electronic toys inside, but he sneaks them past me.
Esme has been pretty hit or miss with naps as of late, which leads to falling asleep in interesting places.  She actually cleared out the toy box to make herself a little bed yesterday.
I also tackled another quick home project this weekend, replacing our porch light.  The existing one was pretty dingy and the glass panels block out a lot of light, defeating the purpose of a fixture.  It was also a popular spot for the robins to nest as shown below.  Our neighbor told us that a robin has nested there every year since they have lived here.  There was a nest this year and 4 eggs were laid, but they disappeared before hatching.  I am a little sad we took away their home, but I do have some robin houses I plan to put up for next year.  I ran in to a bit of a hiccup with the install.  It didn't have a typical box, so I had to cut a piece off the old fixture to adapt it.
The new fixture lets so much light through and it really brightens the front of our house (please forgive my dirty house.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment