Sunday, July 21, 2019

Mom's Night Out: Part 2

Back at the end of May, I went to a Twins game by myself.  It was so much fun, I decided to go again for the second Joe Mauer bobblehead game.  It was very hot and very humid at the start of the game and reminded me of a game we attended when I was pregnant with Parker.  Later that evening, I heard it was the most humid day in 8 years, so I had to check when that was.  Sure enough, that game was 1 day shy of 8 years to the day.  There was a 3 day streak of extremely hot and humid weather that year and we went to a Monday day game.  I remember having to go find some shade because the heat was unbearable.
In a fun twist of fate, they played the Oakland A's.  Former Twin and fellow double-r, double-n, Chris Herrmann is one of their current catchers, so I wore Jimmy's Herrmann shirt.  I even had one fellow fan comment on it, so it wasn't in vain. 
Go Bananas was part of the Gate 34 Experience for this series and I started the evening with a s'mores frozen banana.  It was a great way to cool off a little bit.
My #TwinsPics post made it on the video board. I secretly hope Chris Herrmann caught a glimpse!
 A breeze started to come through in the third inning and it started to cool off.  It looked like it was going to rain the whole game, but just stayed cloudy.
 I was able to find some church friends, Nicole, Nancy, and Jeff, for the last couple innings and end of game fireworks.  They lost 5-3, but it was entertaining none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment