Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Basketball Road Trip to Ames 2016

My mom and I took another road trip to Ames last weekend to watch my cousin play basketball.  You can see last years trip here.  The game was earlier in the day this year and there wasn't a snow storm in the forecast!  We headed out about 9 and net up with some family members for lunch.
 Oddfellow's Burger Kitchen is a cute kitchy bar and restaurant that seemed promising as they have a ton of fun burger combos.  Unfortunately all our burgers were overcooked and way too salty.  Good in theory, but not in execution...
As a sophomore, Kaylee is the starting center for the Oklahoma State Cowgirls this year.  It was so exciting to hear her name called before the game!
 They had a pretty good start and were leading going in to halftime.  They stayed steady through the third quarter, but things got rough at the end of the game.  They were outscored 19-9 and lost by 7.  Kaylee was pretty bummed, but it was only the second loss of the season.
We had a great time and can't wait to go back next year.  I learned that I can watch games online as well, so I hope to do more of that.  Go Cowgirls!

No comments:

Post a Comment