Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Express Nebraska Trip

My mom and I made a last-minute decision to go to Nebraska for my cousin's baby shower.  We were down and back in all of 30 hours, half of that in the car.  Parker did well overall.  We left about 4 on Friday night and stopped a couple hours in for dinner at a rest area.  
I realize now that I didn't get any pictures of the mom-to-be!  I am pretty bummer because she looked radiant!
 It is probably because I got caught up in one of the activities.  I am a sucker for craft things and was the last to finish mine! (It's the striped "H" near the upper right.)
We also made plans to meet up with my Grandma in a nearby town for lunch since we were in the area.  We ordered pizza for carryout and headed to the park.  I did a double-take at the Pizza Hut sign! (The filter is unintended, I didn't realize it was on.)
 We hadn't seen each other since Christmas so she was excited to see how much Parker had grown.  It was a beautiful day to be at the park.
 I LOVE this picture!  It is such a blessing to get a picture of Parker actually looking!
We headed back home around 2 PM.  It was well beyond nap time at that point which was much needed.  He woke from his snooze a little crabby so we stopped for a quick break.  Once on the road again he stayed well-entertained by the iPad!  He played the piano for a good 45 minutes!
 We stopped at the same rest stop as the previous night, but it was raining this time!  Luckily, they have a covered eating area so we were able to stay dry.
 The rain gave us a gorgeous rainbow just north of our dinner stop.  I love when you can see both ends so I had to stop for a picture!
The nice thing about speedy trips is that you still have a whole day at home before the madness begins!  I had an awesome Mother's Day, but I will save that for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment