Sunday, July 14, 2013

Buon Compleanno Nana!

Happy Birthday Nana!

My mom's birthday is this week, so we celebrated today.  When I asked what she wanted she said, "for someone else to cook."  I eagerly offered!  She chose pasta as her dish of choice (hence the Italian post title.)  I have a history of going all out on things like this so Jimmy was a bit concerned.  I was able to do a lot of stuff in advance so it was pretty easy to get it all together when it came time to eat.

I made a big pasta bar!  Almost as good as Olive Garden's Endless Pasta Bowl.  The menu for dinner was:

Pasta:
     -Spaghetti
     -Fettuccine

Toppings:
     -Chicken Parmesan
     -Baked Chicken Breast
     -Chorizo
     -Sautéed Bell Peppers

Sauces:
     -Tomato Basil Marinara
     -Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo
     -Creamy Alfredo

Garlic Bread

I kept the Italian theme going with homemade birthday tiramisu.  I originally planned on buying all the components pre-made and just assembling.  I couldn't find any custard and the store had no lady fingers or sponge cake of ANY kind.  Turns out it is not as hard to make those as you might think.  I was nervous since I hadn't made it before, but it was just as tasty as dinner!

We had so much fun celebrating and hanging out.  It was nice to give my mom a night off from cooking and cleaning.  There are enough leftovers that she may get another night or two off as well!

Here's to another year!  I love you mom!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job! I would have had one of everything just to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! I think just about everyone did just that!

      Delete