Monday, March 4, 2013

St. Patty's Decor

It's the beginning of March and that means I need to update my skinny wall decor! I was blessed by my wonderful husband with a Silhouette Cameo for Valentine's Day. I have had fun playing with it, but this was my first REAL project. This was another Pinterest inspired project. The idea came from this The DIY Club post. The clover and words were cut on the Silhouette and using black and white photos creates a great contrast. This is another cheap one too! $1.25 for the canvas board, $1.19 for the ribbon and I had the paper on hand!  I strategically tacked the clover in place so I can easily switch out the pictures from year to year.  

3 comments:

  1. How cool! I've been looking into getting a silhouette; how do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! It more expensive than a Cricut, but you don't have to buy (and store, and be able to find) all of those cartridges! The online catalog has a great selection and most things are very inexpensive. They also have free shapes every week. I know you can design your own shapes too, but I haven't played with that much.

      Delete
  2. That is really cute! I love seeing your seasonal crafts :)

    ReplyDelete