Friday, January 6, 2023

Tough Start to 2023

It really hasn't been as bad as I made that title sound.  Esme started the year with breakfast on the couch.
Parker had been showing signs of not feeling well off and on for many days, but didn't have a fever or throw up.  He finally started to tell us his ear hurt, so we decided to take him in to the doctor.  Sure enough he had an ear infection.  It's been almost 8 years since his last one.  Back then, we just did one antibiotic shot since he won't take oral medication.  This time it was 3 rounds of two shots each.  He got the first two Sunday, then I took him in Monday and Tuesday for the last ones.  
He definitely knew what was going down and kept an eye out for people coming in.  We had such kind nursing staff that helped o hold him down.  The third day he still fought it, but did much better.  They gave him in his legs and he pulled his pants down and climbed on the table on his own.  I was so proud of him.
More sledding!
Esme has been asking to play bingo, so I asked for cards in my local Buy Nothing Group.  I laminated them for each reuse and we were playing!
Even Parker joined us for a couple games.
Wednesday was a doozy of a morning.  We got more snow than expected, but I still tried to get the kids to school after digging Jimmy out at 4:45am.  I made it there (digging myself out once), but got really stuck about 50' from home.  I cleared as much of the road as I could, but couldn't move from this spot.  I eventually called a neighbor that came to help, but I was only able to move a few feet.  The plow then came by and threw salt under the tire tracks and I made it to the garage.  Then I realized I dropped my phone somewhere.  Thank goodness for Apple watch and the ability to ping it.  The plow had cleared the street and it was in a snow bank.  Whew, I was exhausted.  This was the first time we've gotten stuck in the van and in this neighborhood.  We've had large snowfalls, but not when we've needed to get places.

No comments:

Post a Comment