Monday, July 4, 2022

July 4th Weekend!

We had a great long weekend swimming and celebrating the 4th of July!  Esme's remaining front tooth has become similar to Parker's snaggletooth from early 2020.  Only time will tell if Jimmy needs to extract it with the Nerf blaster like he did last time.
I made some patriotic cake pops to take over to my parents for a holiday campfire.  The uncoated balls have been hanging out in the freezer since Esme's birthday since i made them from her left over cake.
We brought the 4-wheeler and Parker loved having more room to roam.
The cake pops were a big hit with Parker!
My dad grilled chicken and my mom fried up onion ring appetizers and potato wedges.
We finished the evening with a variety of s'mores and fireworks!
Both kids liked the poppers, but only Esme wanted to do the giant sparklers.  I'd never seen sparklers this big, but I won't ever buy the tiny ones again.  These lasted well over 3 minutes and Esme loved running around with them.
We lit a couple larger sparking style fireworks that can be seen in the video below.
Hope you had a fabulous 4th!  Parker will just be over here checking on the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment