Sunday, January 31, 2021

January 2021 Hodgepodge

Parker had a couple more weeks of critical care through school at the beginning of the month before going back to in-person learning.
Hospital support staff began receiving vaccinations while Jimmy was on Christmas vacation.  He got his first dose on the 5th and second on the 26th.  We are continuing to be as cautious as possible, but it's nice to have one of us vaccinated as well.
I had my first McRib this month.  Not sure why I have never tried it before, but it was pretty good.
We also took a drive up to our favorite movie theater to get a gift card and free bag of popcorn.  I knew it was family size, but it was way bigger than I imagined.
I had a virtual happy hour with my friends from high school.  We normally get together during the holidays, but couldn't this year for obvious reasons.  With one on each coast now too, it was a fun way to reconnect.
We had out first full visit with my parents in over 2 months.  The kids had a Friday overnight while Jimmy and I grabbed some Portillo's for a car dinner date.
I did a vinyl project for Parker's teacher by adding years to the arm of t-shirts. These are for the graduating seniors from the Armstrong High School football team.
I did a bit of revamping in our living room.  I switched out pictures from our fall photo session (which I forgot to blog about.). I also added the three frames on top, the square frame, and the small ones between the names.
The other side of the room had some bigger changes.  I may have to dig deeper for a picture, but this is the one I could find.  There were 6 frames up that mirrored the layout from top to bottom and included vacation collages.  The built in shelves can be functional, but mostly collected junk.
I had a lot more trips to make collages for and decided it was finally time to do it.  I previously made them with actual paper maps, but have become more proficient with photo editing and was able to make digital ones.  The frames I had are long discontinued, so I got some coordinating ones.  12 frames on the wall and 8 more in the bookcase.  We now have a collage for every big trip we've taken.  This area looks a lot cleaner now and we can reminisce the fun times (especially with COVID putting a damper on things.)
January 19th was Parker's first day back in person with his teacher and classmates.  They all seemed pretty excited to get a little piece of normal back.  Esme's program has been running like normal, other than the two separate classes have merged in to one now. They have a lot of fun playing in a larger group.
They had a fashion show a couple weeks ago and she strutted her stuff.  I tried to get her in a fancy dress, but this was all she would wear.
They have some large group dance parties on cold days as well.
Our only hiccup was one day home ill.  She got a little sick in the middle of the night, but no other symptoms.  She was only out of school for one day since there was no fever.  She recovered pretty quick and was back to normal.
Lots of random stuff this month, bring on February!

No comments:

Post a Comment