Tuesday, June 30, 2020

June 2020 Hodgepodge

We've been trying to keep ourselves busy with projects around the house.  I cleaned out one section of our front garden bed last year and planned on getting some plants in there.  We also have a circular planter in the front yard.  It had a few large hostas and some orange lilies, but they weren't in any sort of order.  I took out the hostas and split them to plant in front of the house and then spread out the lilies.  We still need to get some additional mulch and I will probably add some landscape timbers to keep the mulch in. 
Parker has stepped up his chore game lately helping with laundry.  He's got all the steps down from watching Jimmy.  I also made a play washer out of a paper box and that's been his pride and joy as of late.
He also likes to use his fidget spinners to make air conditioners (at least that's what I think he doing.). He gets the spinner going then adds the basket on top.  Such a creative little guy.
We are getting to the heart of summer and the pool has been up almost constantly.  Esme is really starting to instigate some horseplay, which I usually allow as long as they don't get too rowdy.
We did some sprucing up on the inside as well and finally got curtains up in our bedrooms.  Esme got some fun floral print blackout curtains that pulled together all the other colors in her room.
Parker some some ombre star curtains to go with his space theme.  He also got a new spaceship lamp a couple months ago.
I decided to try a little layout change in our bedroom.  We don't have a whole lot of options, but moving the bed to a blank wall will make it easier to add a headboard some day.  I also like that it's no longer against a window.  This also created a need for an alternate nightstand for my side of the bed.  I found a set of three small shelves on Amazon.  The smallest one is a perfect spot for my phone, watch, and glasses overnight.  I installed the other two next to our mirror.  It's amazing our a little fabric and some shelves can really pull a room together.
I am looking forward to more house projects and can't wait to make the rest of our rooms as cozy as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment