Saturday, February 29, 2020

2nd Grade Concert

Parker had his second grade concert on Thursday.  I took a few videos as well, but I don't have the time to blur out all the kids' faces, so you'll just get pictures.  Parker has had a helper stand or sit with him the last 2 years and I was expecting the same this year.  He walked in with his educational assistant, took his spot on the risers and she sat down.  I immediately thought, "she's just going to let him stand there?!?!?"

To our surprise and overwhelming joy (I literally cried), he stood in his spot with NO redirection for 30 minutes.  THIRTY MINUTES!!  That is a huge deal for him.  We recently started him on on some medication related to a new diagnosis of ADHD.  It's hard to know for sure, but I definitely see it helping to calm his body.  We had his IEP meeting after the concert and several people on his team mentioned seeing improvements.

They sang a bunch of songs about food.  Parker doesn't usually like to sing with others, but he did participate in the actions.
Proud grandpa, mom, and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment