Sunday, October 27, 2019

Halloween: Part 1

One of Parker's main interest as of late is washing machines and the laundry in general, so I ran with that theme.  I started work last week on our props for Trunk or Treat at church, which will look like a washer and dryer.
For our costumes, I used a cardboard box and felt to make Parker a washing machine.  I also added blinking lights for the control panel.  Esme was a Tide pod that I made with felt, then covered it with a thin plastic drop cloth and sealed the edges with a flat iron.
I rounded out our crew as the Sock Monster (shout out to my co-worker, Angie, for the socks!)
We started Saturday with a trip to the Corcoran Lions Park for their Trunk or Treat event.  We got so many great compliments on our costumes and some fun treats.
There was also a bounce house that both kids enjoyed until a big kid in a full gorilla suit showed up.  More than one kid was a little frightened.
We grabbed some popcorn for the road and Esme snoozed on the way home.
Here is some Halloween fun from my work.  What are your BEST and WORST Halloween candies?

No comments:

Post a Comment